I am almost speechless…almost!
Chanel’s space/60’s/ski themed autumn/winter 2017 ready-to-wear show was most definitely out of this world. The collection was true to the brands original roots, full of beautiful knitwear and rich fabrics with stunning headbands, pendants and spacey boots. Slouchy coats, beautifully tailored trousers and simply or rather, complexly, exquisite dresses just make this my favourite collection of Paris fashion week. Karl has put very different styles and pieces in together in a genius way.
Below are my favourites.
Check out the full collection: http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/autumn-winter-2017-ready-to-wear
I cannot say I loved, or at least liked, the star of the Chanel Couture show – the Chanel Couture bride. In my eyes, Chanel should always have an air of understatement and class. The dress below is over the top and reminds me of the old fashioned version of femininity Chanel herself tried to escape from. As Coco once said ‘luxury is the opposite of vulgarity’.
Fortunately the rest of the collection was pretty dreamy…
Leo may have won the Oscar but he didn’t steal the show. My absolute favourite looks of the night are:
- Daisy Ridley in Chanel Haute Couture – Stunning colour and just the right amount of sparkle. The figure hugging fit makes it feel modern.
- Margo Robbie in Tom Ford – I am obsessed with anything gold (and anything snake print for that matter). For me this dress is embodies timeless Hollywood glamour.
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior– And of course there has to be lace.
Strolling through St. John’s Wood…
My outfit for the day…Zara leather jacket and jeans, orange Topshop blouse, Chanel black bag.
@St. John’s Wood, London
“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
– Gabrielle Chanel
Gabrielle Chanel photographed by Cecil Beaton. Her dress inspired Karl Lagerfeld, who recreated it in gold lace embroidered with multicolored sequins for the Spring/Summer 1996 Haute Couture collection 1937
One of the best things about living in London is knowing that you can jump on the Eurostar to beautiful Paris. Last weekend I did just that and spent the day roaming around the Champs De Elysee and Notre Dame.
The highs (and one low) of my day….
– A trip to Ladurée to pick up divine macarons
– I tried snails for lunch (the low in case you were wondering)
– Shopping @ Chanel (well window shopping…a girl can dream)
– Cultural time at the Louvre, mais bien sûr!
My outfit for the day…Alex McQueen (MCQ) paddock boots, Burberry Prorsum bomber jacket, Cos light brown jumper, Topshop faux fur hat and leather leggings, Zara calf-skin bag.